Email is still arguably the best marketing channel at your disposal and is most likely to result in leads.
A welcome email (one of the well-known growth hacking tips), the one that the users receive immediately after signing up on your website, is your second chance at making a good first impression; if your website is a storefront, then the welcome email is the smiling salesclerk at the counter.
Here’s how to create the perfect welcome email:
1. Use your subscribers’ names in the greeting, and if you asked for their location, include some related specifics, like shipping deals for the region.
2. First-time comers probably need some incentives to purchase, so highlight deals and first-time only offers, if any.
3. The users who subscribed on the checkout page could be your future referrals, so make sure to thank them and provide additional value, like future discounts or promotional codes.
4. Design-wise, focus on the letters and clear, readable formatting, and that your company’s logo is visible. Additionally, make sure to use the template that you will be using in every email further down the line.
5. Send the welcome email as soon as users sign up. By doing so, you will share a strong message about your brand 一 that you are both attentive and responsive.