If you have been looking for a WordPress theme, you might have seen multiple theme makers (including Themes Kingdom!) offer you a demo of each theme. A theme demo previews how a theme works, design-wise and with all its features and functionality. It usually comes with a defined structure and abstract text. In some cases, you might like the theme demo so much that you want your website to look just like it.
If that’s the case for you, we’ve got good news. Here’s how to install a WordPress theme like a demo; just follow these steps:
- Download the chosen WordPress theme with all its archive files.
- Log in to the WordPress Admin panel (WordPress Dashboard).
- Install the chosen WordPress theme and activate it.
- Install all the necessary plugins.
- Look for Demo Content within your WordPress Dashboard panel.
- Click the Import button and choose a sample_data file in the file you extracted from the theme archive. You should select a .xml document.
- Once you have selected the correct file, click the Import button.
- Navigate to Appearance → Customize.
- To set a default homepage for your demo, ensure that the homepage is a static page and select Display it as the home page.
- Once you are done, click the Publish button, and you’ll see that your website looks exactly like the theme’s demo.
We hope this post helped you understand how to install a WordPress theme like a demo preview. The process is pretty quick and easy. If you want to make the process even quicker, we suggest you choose one of Themes Kingdom WP themes, as all our themes come with an automatic demo setup and importer, leaving no room for mistakes or confusion.
If you are having trouble making your website look like one of the Themes Kingdom demos, feel free to send us an email一we are more than happy to help.