If you are wondering how to duplicate a page in WordPress, this post is for you.
But before we go through the list of steps that can help you create a copy of a page, you need to know two things.
First: duplicating a page in WP is more than copying and pasting a page’s content. A duplicated page will also retain a page design, SEO data, images, videos, and all other content and data.
And second, knowing that a duplicated page contains ALL the data from the original page, copying a page can help you save time when (re)designing your website.
Duplicating pages in WordPress is fairly easy, and we’ll show you how to get the job done without using a plugin.
Let’s get to it!
How to duplicate a page in WordPress
What makes duplicating a page so quick is that WordPress has a “Copy All Content” option that allows you to copy the content of any page. Here’s how you can duplicate a page in WP using this option:
1. Log in to the WordPress Admin panel (WordPress Dashboard).
2. Navigate to Pages → All Pages.
3. Open the page you want to duplicate.
4. Click the three-dot icon at the top right corner.
5. From the dropdown menu, click on the Copy all content option. By doing this step, you will make a copy of the page’s content.
6. Navigate to Pages → Add New.
7. Name the new page.
8. Do a right-click on the first block and paste the content you have copied.
9. Click the Publish button to make the copied page visible on your website. And that’s it, you are all done.
We hope this post helped you understand how to duplicate a page in WordPress without a plugin. If you are having trouble cloning a page within your theme, feel free to send us an email一we are happy to help.